Robby RussellChief Evangelist, PartnerFollow
As a teenager, Robby started his first business selling stickers via mail-order. In an effort to take his business online, he learned how to build a web application that would allow customers to purchase his stickers online. At the same time Robby was also running a music zine that he wanted to take online, so he learned how to build a content management system to publish his articles on the web. From these early endeavors on, Robby’s motivation has been about taking ideas and executing them online—loving programming as a tool, not for its own sake.
Fast-forward several years to 2002: Robby continues this trend by starting Planet Argon with Allison Beckwith so they can combine their design and development skills to help clients bring their ideas to life. In late 2004, he was introduced to Ruby on Rails and soon started a blog, robbyonrails.com, to share his learnings about—what at the time was—an exciting new framework. In the years following Robby has had the opportunity to speak about Rails in the US, Canada and the UK.
These days, Robby is focused on technical strategy, mentoring the development team, and building relationships with current and new clients.
We don't receive wisdom; we must discover it for ourselves after a journey that no one can take for us or spare us.
You can also find Robby On…
Our Starting Lineup
- Abby IhrigJr. Ruby on Rails Developer
- Annie CocchiaInteraction Designer
- Brian MiddletonFront-end Developer
- Carl AndersonRuby on Rails Developer
- Carlos RodriguezDirector of Development
- Corinne KunzeJr. Front-end Developer
- Jack BoubaFront-end Developer
- Neil MahoneyRuby on Rails Developer
- Olivia HalfenSr. Project Manager
- Patrick MountsJr. Ruby on Rails Developer
- Gary BlessingtonRuby on Rails Developer, Partner
- Robby RussellChief Evangelist, Partner
- Allison BeckwithPartner
Join Our Team
We always have our eyes peeled for talented individuals to potentially join our team here in Portland, Oregon. Take a look at our careers page to find out what positions we have open and how to apply.