Jack BoubaFront-end DeveloperFollow
Jack’s first patron of the arts was an elementary school teacher who requested a series of original drawings for her classroom. Jack was 8 years old, and his payment was a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles pencil-case. 3 years later, Jack’s sister, a college student and R.A., commissioned a number of comic strip-inspired “door tags” for the dorm rooms on her floor. A year after that, Jack attempted to sell his versions of classic superheroes, as well as a few originals (“Dude USA,” et al), at his outdoor art gallery, conveniently located on his front porch.
Jack created his first website, Eli’s Car Dry Wash, at a time when there were just a couple books written on the subject of HTML. For the next decade, Jack’s burgeoning web skills took a back seat to his interest in visual art.
Jack studied sculpture in college and fell in love with woodworking, ceramics, and printmaking. Later, after his inevitable move to Portland, Jack rediscovered his passion for digital media and began studying web design and front-end development at PCC and PNCA. Jack worked with individuals with Developmental Disabilities for 5 years and taught Flash and HTML/CSS classes at a local technical college, uniting his passions for sharing knowledge and skills with the fascinating world of code and design.
Jack is an avid bike-rider, boomerang-shaper and -thrower, music-maker, and walk-taker.
Recent Posts by Jack BoubaSubscribe to RSS Feed
- The Pros and Cons of Modular Sass
- The GitHub Pages Gem simplifies local GitHub Pages development
- 3 Google I/O 2013 technologies that I'm super interested in, but will probably never use
- The Best Parts of An Event Apart Seattle 2013
- Use Google Analytics and Spreadsheets to chart Page Load Time, Bounce and Exit Rates
Walk as if you are kissing the Earth with your feet
Thich Nhat Hanh
You can also find Jack On…
Our Starting Lineup
- Abby IhrigJr. Ruby on Rails Developer
- Annie CocchiaInteraction Designer
- Brian MiddletonFront-end Developer
- Carl AndersonRuby on Rails Developer
- Carlos RodriguezDirector of Development
- Charly WagnerStudio Administrator
- Corinne KunzeJr. Front-end Developer
- Emily TaorminaProject Manager
- Jack BoubaFront-end Developer
- John CechJr. Ruby on Rails Developer
- Neil MahoneyRuby on Rails Developer
- Olivia HalfenSr. Project Manager
- Patrick MountsJr. Ruby on Rails Developer
- Gary BlessingtonRuby on Rails Developer, Partner
- Robby RussellManaging Partner, Chief Evangelist
Join Our Team
We always have our eyes peeled for talented individuals to potentially join our team here in Portland, Oregon. Take a look at our careers page to find out what positions we have open and how to apply.