Join the Make It Happen team.
As a Ruby on Rails Developer at Planet Argon, you'll be responsible for helping Make It Happen for our clients.
We are a small team and wear many hats. In addition to the list of responsibilities below we also expect all of our team members to participate in our marketing efforts, whether that’s writing a blog post, offering to speak at a conference, or coming up with ideas for new initiatives.
- Directly providing assistance to existing clients with day-to-day technical needs.
- Collaborating closely with our designers and other developers.
- Development of internal software applications.
- Assist team with systems administration of legacy web servers and systems.
- Researching and sharing knowledge about ways to continuously improve our workflow as a team.
- Tracking time/work for our billing needs.
- 2+ years of experience with the Ruby on Rails framework
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working with external clients and vendors
- Comfortable on a Mac
- Familiarity with the Agile manifesto
- Test-driven and/or behavior-driven development (TDD/BDD)
- Linux or other UNIX-like systems
- Rails deployment
- Experience with SCMs (Git, Subversion, etc.)
Preference for Portland-based, but will consider remote candidates.
Don’t worry! We keep the kitchen stocked with coffee beans roasted in Portland.
How to Apply
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Describe your overall experience in the web development industry.
- Why you think you'd make a great addition to our small team.
- How your experience might apply to some of our existing client work (see our projects page for some recent work).
- Your availability (when can you start) and your salary expectations.
This is a full-time position. Responses from freelancers or recruiters offering their services will be ignored.
Email your response as requested and include the title of the position your are applying for. Please do not drop off your resume in person, this is a distraction to our team.
This position was re-posted on April 1, 2013.
Planet Argon is an equal-opportunity employer.