Join the Make It Happen team.
The role of the Project Manager is to provide support to the Senior Project Manager, our internal team, as well as our clients. While we are looking for someone with mid-level experience, we are hoping and expecting that said person will be interested in growing their skills, the position and ultimately contribute to growing the company.
The Operations team at Planet Argon is small and we therefore conduct various tasks, ones that may not always be specific to our individual roles.
The nature of the projects and the working environment at Planet Argon differs from that of a typical agency and that stems solely from the type of work that is being completed and the amount of projects that are concurrently being worked on. Given the amount of projects that are being worked on at a given time, the number of PA team members, and potential clients, a crucial piece of the Project Manager role requires one to be open and capable of switching contexts all day long. This of course requires that the Project Manager be extremely organized to avoid letting anything slip through the cracks.
While the Senior Project Manager will be working with the Project Manager to the goal is to continue to grow the team which means the responsibilities will be augmented accordingly.
It will be the responsibility of the Project Manager to work in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager to work on the following:
- Updating internal budget, vacation time, and weekly spend trackers
- Updating project forecast
- Project Invoicing
- Reviewing timesheets
- Assisting with sales efforts (updating forecast, Salesforce, writing proposals, drafting schedules)
- Assisting with client onboarding process (walk-through of existing tools, process etc)
- Assisting with internal client onboarding (setting up project, etc)
- Invoicing clients for work performed
- Help the team continuously improve our processes, increase efficiency and implement change!
- Being an available "point of contact" for the internal team, clients and external vendors
- Develop and nourish productive, healthy and enjoyable internal and client relationships
- Meeting note-taker (help us capture actionable items!)
- Basic analysis (forecasting, retrospective, etc.)
- Manage the schedule, scope, and budget of multiple simultaneous projects and initiatives, ensuring quality and mitigating risk
- Develop and nourish productive, healthy and enjoyable client relationships
- Consult with our clients on how best to work with our process
- Collaborating with clients to maintain a per-project roadmap
- Coordinating the strategy team’s schedule to work closely with clients on new project initiatives
- Iteration planning based on design specs and technical requirements and estimates gathered from the team
- Assuring that all team members — including design, front-end development and back-end development — understand their roles and accept their responsibilities, tasks and deadlines
- Shield team from unnecessary distractions
- Regularly communicate status—including issues, delays or risks—to clients
- Manage direct and indirect dependencies
- Manage scope creep
- Ensure client "signs off" on delivered work
- Manage client friendly changelog for production releases
- Facilitate iteration retrospectives
Required Skills / Qualifications
- 2+ years of project management experience
- Organized, very organized.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Razor sharp memory and quick on feet.
- Good at math!
- Analytics thinker--we love stats!
- Experience working with external clients and vendors.
- Ability to have both a 1k foot and 30k foot view.
- Ability to multi-task and "juggle lots of balls".
- Familiarity with the Agile-inspired methodologies.
- Good with reporting and statistics
- Experience in the software industry
- Quality Assurance experience
Location and Schedule Requirements
Candidates must be able to interview in Portland. (Remote candidates are not being considered for this position.)
Don’t worry! We keep the kitchen stocked with locally roasted coffee beans, health bars, and fresh fruit.
How to Apply
Please respond with a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Describe your overall experience in the Project Management field.
- Tell us why you want to work in the web industry.
- If you don't have experience in the software industry, tell us how your past experiences might bring value to the table.
- What’s your favorite 90s pop song?
- Your availability (when can you start) and salary expectations.
This position was posted on May 29, 2014.
Planet Argon is an equal-opportunity employer.